Monday, February 13, 2012

Lasso the Moon

Since as long as I can remember, I've been in love with George Bailey.  Most Christmas Eves have consisted of watching "It's A Wonderful Life".  He's the perfect man.

He's Funny.

He's Scrupulous.

He's the Life of the Party.

He's Sporty.

He Sings (Badly).

He's a Good Friend.

He's Romantic.

Valentine's Day is this week, and God knows I hate this holiday.  It's like any of those holidays that tell you what to do, how to behave, and who to love.  It's the holiday that's just plain mean to single people.

But for George Bailey, I'd celebrate anything including February 14th.

I've been dating, Gentle Readers.  I met someone nice.  He's also good-looking.  And he has a job.  And he lives about 10 minutes from me.  He the kind of guy who resembles 2012's version of George Bailey.  I've thought that from our 3rd date (we're on like Date #8... and I do so love the number 8).  Needless to say, I'm intrigued.  Tonight he asked me what I wanted.  He asked for me to respond with something physically impossible to obtain.  I instantly thought of my favorite scene in "It's A Wonderful Life"


"I want you to lasso the moon."
"Done," he said.

Because of that line, I've loved George Bailey.  Because of all the pictures above, I've known what I want.  Because of George Bailey and Mr. Darcy, I've never found someone to live up to my impossible expectations.  Thanks to these characters and my delusions of what I want, I'm single at 33.

"I want you to lasso the moon," I replied.
"Done," he said.

Ok, Mr. Modern Day George Bailey... hit me with whatcha got.  Let's see what you can do.

2 comments:

  1. Please find a publisher. Also, this left me a little breathless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed this one. Wish I could come up with a clever one-liner for you, but all I can think of is... Mr Darcy? Not exactly the nicest male role model! He was pretty much a total ass! So here's to finding a guy less ass-y than he but just as tantalizing. :D

    ReplyDelete